Hey there, ski buddies! If you love zooming down snowy hills and feeling the chilly wind whoosh by, then you gotta check out Hotbox Skis! It's like giving your skis a superhero cape! We warm up your skis in a special oven called a hotbox, which makes the ski wax melt all nice and even. This means you can glide over snow like a penguin on ice! It's the secret trick to be the fastest on the slopes. So, if you want to be speedy and have the most fun, ask about hotbox skis. Get ready to become a ski rocket! 🎿💨
Winter Shop Services
Every new pair of skis needs a glide wax application whether they are waxable, waxless, skin or skate skis. This application protects the gliding zones of your ski bases and facilitates glide on the snow.
It is also recommended that you glide wax your skis every 50 - 100 km or so. For many people, once a season works well. Bring your skis in as soon as the snow flies so they are fresh and ready for the winter.
- Standard Glide Wax $20 - liquid ONE glide wax applied, ski corked and brushed. Skin Care applied where applicable.
- Performance Glide Wax $30 - glide zone cleaned, liquid base wax and liquid UP glide wax applied, ski corked and brushed. Skin Care applied where applicable.
- Premium Glide Wax $50 - glide zone cleaned, liquid base wax and temperature specific RACE glide wax applied OR temperature specific hard race wax ironed in. Hand structure can be added if requested.
- Grip Zone Prep $10 - add to the above glide wax charges if ski is a waxable ski. Includes grip zone cleaning, spray binder application (or ironed binder - with Premium Glide Wax only), option of grip zone sanding (with Premium Glide Wax only).
Hot Tar (for wood skis) $50 - Wood skis need a different kind of base treatment that involves heating pine tar into the ski base using a blow torch. The skis are fully cleaned before this procedure and are ready to wax for the day when you pick your skis up.
Hot Box Wax $40 - This is like a sauna treatment for your skis! Skis are saturated with wax and heated in the hot box (like an oven) for 4-5 hours. The wax deeply penetrates the ski bases and conditions them as if you had hot waxed them 15 times or so. This treatment is recommended in addition to a Performance or Premium Hot Wax.
Skin Replacement $25 (skins not included)
Skin Cleaning $10
Camber Testing $10
- $20 for standard installation; no charge if skis purchased here
- $35 for transfers/remounts (includes deck repair or plate install if needed)
- $40 for rollerski binding install
- $15 for basket or tip replacement
- $25 for pole shortening
Summer Shop Services
Need some work done on your summer gear that duct tape can't handle? Give us a call and we'll see if we can help you.
Roof Rack install charges:
- New roof rack install - $50
- Roof rack install with used components - SHOP RATE
- Truck rack install - $80
- Hullavator kayak loader install - $80
- Accessories install - SHOP RATE
Shop rate: $80/hr